Centre for People Development (CPD), is a fully integrated Business studies Campus situated on Dr. Nelson Mandela Drive, Section 2 in Madadeni.
This Campus is ideally situated to give access to previously disadvantaged communities. It has always been instrumental in community development, focusing on providing people with appropriate skills to become employable or self-employed. The campus offers a diverse range of Business studies courses. This campus boasts a state of the art, fully-fitted industrial kitchen in which Hospitality learners perform all their practical lessons as well as a fully functional Office Practicum room for Office Administration students.
Courses offered at CPD Campus
National Certificate (Vocational) / NCV courses offered:
- Office Administration
Certificate/NATED courses offered:
- Public Management
Get to know Mr M. Ntshangase, Campus Manager of Centre for People Development in this small but in-depth interview conducted by The Marketing Department of Majuba TVET College.
Name and surname:
Muziwendada Nkosinathi Ntshangase
Years of Employment:
Which Campus/Unit are you managing: Centre for People Development (CPD)
What hobbies or activities do you enjoy the most during your free time?
Fitness training, watching soccer and engaging in politics.
Can you describe a “Day in the Life of a Campus Manager to us?
My key functions in managing the day to day operations of the campus as per Strategic planning of the Department of Higher Education and Training linked to Medium Term Strategic Framework and Medium Term and Review Economic Framework linked to NDP policy, includes, but not limited to the following:
- In consultation with all stakeholders implement the Campus Operational Plan and Annual Performance Plan.
- Oversee the curriculum management through the implementation and monitoring of Campus and the College Improvement Plan and Turnaround Strategy
- Ensure quality education & training as well as the implementation of performance standards through Quality Management Systems in accordance to the Objectives of the College
- Ensuring clients’ needs are well taken care of through involvement of stakeholders
- Provide strategic leadership in areas of Human Resources, Facilities Management, Record Management, infrastructure, fleet and auxiliary services and Governance
- Manage and control the procurement of resources (stock and equipment) for efficient operation of the Campus.
- Render advisory professional support services to Stakeholder and Promoted cross pollination and mutual assistance between Staff for a purpose of improving performance of the College.
- Provide the Effective management of quality constraints. i.e. Time, Cost and Work scope
If you had to praise your Campus what would it be about?
- Through the courses offered, the campus doesn’t lose sight in executing the College mandate and subsequently the DHET mandate of providing Education and Training that respond to the skills required by the industry which further respond to the demands of the 4th Industrial Revolution.
- In collaboration with WIL Unit, the campus had secured sponsorship for the Missing Middle Students (a category that don’t qualify for NSFAS funding).
- In collaboration with WIL Unit, most students from the campus had secured In-Service Training and placed in Workplaces surrounding Amajuba District.
What is your Inspiration/ Motto in Life?
“Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible, suddenly you will do what is impossible”
#Who #Where #What #Campuses #Units #Courses #EngineeringStudies #BusinessStudies #StudentPlacement #DistanceLearning #OccupationalProgrmmes
Centre for People Development
Tel: 034 329 2004
Fax: 034 329 2538
Dr. Nelson Mandela Drive, Section 2 Madadeni